There is a guideline we require all of our customers to follow upon receipt of their shipment:
1. Begin by confirming that what is typed in the Receipt bill matches what is before you (I.e. Boxes versus pallets and correct number of pallets.)
2. Note condition of pallet upon arrival. The person receiving the shipment needs to inspect entire order thoroughly. Unwrap pallet in a timely fashion while driver is still there.
3. Take pictures and make notes on delivery receipt before signing.If an inspection is not done and paperwork is signed, signor is verifying that items were received in good condition.
Please note if this isn't done you may have no recourse in the event any items are damaged once the pallet is unwrapped.
IF THERE IS DAMAGE
If there is any visible damage, damage is in question or missing items.
1. The person receiving must make a detailed notation of anything pertinent on the driver's copy of the delivery receipt before signing. Please make a copy of the delivery receipt for your records and fax or email us same day. We will need photographs of the pallet and all damaged items as well. Global Event Supply photographs and keeps a record of shipments once they are palletized and ready to ship. We use these for comparison in the event of cases like this.
2. If excessive damage is obvious you have the option to refuse the items that are damaged, it is required that you make notes on the driver's copy of the delivery receipt. (If multiple pallets are on the shipment only refuse the pallets with excessive damage)
3. Damages must be reported to us same day so that we can begin process of a claim with the shipping company.
If any of these procedures are not followed properly. Remember you may have no recourse once the driver has left and your items are signed for. ***Even if the Pallet may seem intact, it is not a guarantee there isn't damage to the items packed inside. It is the receiver's responsibility to inspect the order prior to signing.
***Global Event Supply does not ship any replacement items*** If all claim procedures are followed properly Global Event Supply will either issue an account credit or refund for the damaged items. (If claim is filed in appropriate time frame and all proper procedures are followed)